Friday, March 7, 2014

Reflection

After writing for a while, I have learned that:

- Particles are difficult. は and が are usually mixed up in my writing. に, を and で are easy to make mistakes too, and sometimes different verbs just take different particles for no obvious reasons. The worst thing is, of course, that it can profoundly change the meaning from what I actually meant. So it's not only to be grammatically correct, but it actually matters!

- Keeping the tense correct and consistent is another difficult thing. This is also a problem in my English writing too. In fact, Thai language does not have tense, so this could explain something.

- Using correct word for certain situation is also difficult. Many words have similar meaning, but are not interchangeable. For example 作文、文書、文章、書類 all mean similar thing, but I am sure one would use different words in different situations. I suspect there is no way to fix this problem other than being exposed to the language enough to develop a sense of how each word is used. (In fact, I think this is a good sign, since it means I started to know enough vocabulary to have this problem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment