Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcome!!

Hi everyone. Welcome to this blog.

Since this is the first post ever, I guess I might introduce myself here. My name is Petchara Pattarakijwanich. I am a grad student in astrophysics department in Princeton. And since my name is long and difficult for everyone to remember, I usually go by a nickname "Pete".

This blog, as you can tell from the name, is about my new adventure in learning the Japanese language. I started taking JPN101 at Princeton this semester just for the fun of it. The class has started for a few days already and everything is good so far.

The reason I want to learn Japanese? Well, it all started from my interest in those Japanese manga and anime, and I want to be able to understand them without relying on someone else to provide translations or subtitles. So that is my main goal for now. Of course the Japanese culture seems pretty interesting and I would like to explore that a bit too.

Well, I think that's all for now, I will see you guys later...

1 comment:

  1. Haha a lot of people from my class also started learning Japanese because of manga and anime.
    Anyways, はじめまして。どうぞよろしく。

    ReplyDelete